Anti-inflammatory Turmeric & Cinnamon Tea
We’ve got something here in coastal California called June gloom. And let me tell ya – it’s game on! June gloom arrives with a thick blanket of fog that can last the entire month of June. It makes mornings dreary (for me) and requires a nice warming & spicy cup of tea to alleviate this season’s paradoxical funk. So, when mornings like this arrive, I head straight for my kitchen cabinet, grab some tea leaves and spices and get to it. I also crank up the KCRW and jam my way into the day. I hope you enjoy the music and this warming anti-inflammatory tea as much as I do!
What do you think of it? Share a little – leave your comments or your favorite tea recipe in the comments below.
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 heaping tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 inch fresh ginger, sliced
- 1/2 tsp raw honey (optional)
- Black tea bag (optional)
- Hot water
- Add almond milk, dried spices, ginger and black tea to a mug (optional - use only if you have NO issues with caffeine)
- Add hot water
- Photo: Elzbieta Sekowska/Shutterstock