23 Comments

1. Heather

August 8, 2014 | Reply

You mention a lot about your detox pathways not being clear. If the pathways are blocked is a coffee enema contraindicated to do because what you are releasing will be tea scorned in your bloodstream? Also you say to let the coffee cool to body temperature but that still seems hot to me. Do you mean room temperature? Is there a particular kit that you are using that you would recommend to you clients? Finally,
    Have you noticed that you have been able to add back in some of your supplements and if so are you tolerating them better or are you not needing them because the enema is healing your gut and supporting your adrenals? Sorry for all the questions but this plunge into the coffee enema world is always one I have considered as well but I have been a big chicken!

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Great Questions!

The purpose of the CE is to cleans the liver/gallbladder thereby opening the detox pathways. Under the advisement of her doctor, Jen added a few supplements back now that her liver is less congested.

The water should be very slightly warm to your touch.

Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner who knows and understands your health history first. Take the plunge! Jen thought it was worth a try… Team TLC

2. Heather

August 8, 2014 | Reply

Reabsorbed not tea scorned! Yikes that autocorrect is creative.

3. August 8, 2014 | Reply

Yep…. CE’s and saunas started for me a few years ago and while I can’t say I do CEs all that often anymore I sauna as much as I can. LOVE it!

4. August 8, 2014 | Reply

I tried coffee enemas in my 20′s, so 30 some years ago. My circle of influence back then was Naturopathic physicians, Acupuncturists and anyone not mainstream. I was told that it makes your organs throw off toxins and was the best use of coffee around! :)

5. Lynda

August 8, 2014 | Reply

How often do you do a coffee enema? Everyday? How much is too much?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

People do CEs in varying amounts/week. Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner who knows and understands your health history first to learn what’s right for you. -Team TLC

6. Carmele Cummins

August 8, 2014 | Reply

Where do you get an enema kit (you mentioned a bucket & tube)?

How do you sterilize the tube afterward or do you throw the tube out each time?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

There is a link to where you can buy the enema kit or you can find at your local pharmacy. You’d wash out the bucket and tube each time with Castile soap and let it air dry. I rinse the tube out again right before I use it. The tube is reusable.

7. Deb

August 8, 2014 | Reply

I would like to try the coffee enemas but in the past the most i can retain in about 10 cc of liquid. Any suggestions or recommendations? Thanks

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Not sure about this. People do CEs in varying amounts/week. Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner who knows and understands your health history first to learn some techniques for retaining what you need for a CE to be effective based on your personal health situation. -Team TLC

8. Ponce

August 8, 2014 | Reply

Hi Jen.
    That sounds very interesting. and I think I really need to try it.
    I have never done any form of enemas before. I have this fear for this going in that end.
    My problem is I can I get the enema bucket and tube to buy at a pharmacy. I have no idea what they look like.
    Can spring water work and is the coconut oil the one we buy for cooking?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Coconut Oil is the one for cooking. There is a link in the article for the enema kit (bucket and tube. People do CEs in varying amounts/week. Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner regarding the spring water or try using a Brita/water filter on your tap water. -Team TLC

9. claude

August 9, 2014 | Reply

Dear Jen,

thank you for your humaness in sharing your experience and offering tips….
    how often would you say you are having these enemas?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Jen is doing these two times/week as of know per her doctor’s orders. Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner who knows and understands your health history first. -Team TLC

10. Doris

August 9, 2014 | Reply

I really appreciate all of your insight!! My intuitive self has been nudging me towards this and I think I’m getting ready to take the plunge.

I have to get up super early in the mornings for work so the only time I could try incorporating a coffee enema would be in the evenings, with bedtime shortly after. Does the caffeine really, truly not bother you? With the daily phases our livers go through, would it still be beneficial to perform one at night?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Try it at night or afternoon and see how it goes! I’m sure you’ll be fine.

11. Rachel

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Thank you for this article. I’ve been thinking about trying this for a while and reading this motivated me to give it a go!

How often do you suggest newbies do this?

• admin

August 10, 2014 | Reply

Wonderful! It’s a great thing to do if it is the right fit for you. Please consult a knowledgable physician or practitioner who knows and understands your personal health history first.

12. Amanda Grace

August 11, 2014 | Reply

I have been doing CEs for a few years now, (hypothyroid) sometimes as often as every day. It is amazing and so healing. However, please don’t use a drugstore enema bag with the hard plastic tip. It is very uncomfortable and possibly dangerous. I bought the clear bucket from the Gerson institute.

• admin

August 11, 2014 | Reply

Absolutely! I put a link to the bucket I use in the article. It’s inexpensive and more importantly, comfortable! And using coconut oil makes it even easier.

13. Heather

August 23, 2014 | Reply

Would coconut water be beneficial as an electrolyte rebalanced after the enema? Also, is this safe to do with adrenal fatigue?